Business Development Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and high performing Business Development Manager to take a leading role in our Business Development team at what is a very exciting time for Gocompare.com. We were recently admitted to the LSE and are looking to continue our recent success and growth. Key to this is the development of our existing and the addition of new partnerships that help our customers save time and money. We are looking for a candidate with experience in growing high volume digital sales through analysis and fact based business proposals across new products and partnerships. An entrepreneurial attitude is key as you will be working as part of a small and dynamic team managing a multi-million GBP portfolio of financial services comparisons.
The role will offer freedom to analyse existing performance metrics and create a development pipeline that the right candidate will own and deliver. The ability to coordinate individuals and form cross functional teams focussed on the same objective is key. The ability to adapt to different delivery frameworks and methodologies to manage initiatives through to execution is key.
You will liaise with senior stakeholders within key partnerships and collaboratively plan and execute a development strategy. You will also liaise with internal stakeholders to assess and plan strategic opportunities within the business development plan.
Key Experience & Skills
- Experience of managing revenue and profit targets for a direct to consumer business
- Ability to communicate and negotiate complex commercial relationships
- Knowledge of online/digital/direct-to-consumer industry
- Experience of engaging and influencing relevant stakeholders – both internally and externally
- Ability to analyse and interpret trends and market drivers
- Manage 3rd party relationships to maximize the revenue and profit generated from them.
- Contribute to the development of the strategy for each 3rd party partner and ensure these are delivered
- Create joint business plans with partners based on understanding of partner needs, business model, strategies and customers.
- Lead the (re-)negotiation of the commercial agreements with partners to ensure incremental benefits are delivered YoY.
- Help validate the commercial viability and delivery of strategic opportunities outside of the remit of the wider S&I team
- Partner Senior Leaders – Develop strong working relationships to foster collaboration
- Internal Stakeholders – Informs, influences and executes wider business development plan
GoCompare embraces diversity and firmly believe in equal opportunities for all. We believe that inclusion and diversity increases creativity, delivers innovation, improves performance and better serves our customers.
We firmly believe in the ethos that companies with greater diversity perform better than those without. It is for these reasons that all qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of age, race, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, disability, educational background or any other characteristic for that matter that doesn’t relate to your ability to perform the role.